- Tufts Health Together
- Benefits + Costs
- My Information + Tools
Behavioral Health (mental health and/or substance use)
- Children's Behavioral Health Initiative (CBHI)
- In-home therapy (IHT)
- In-home behavioral services (IHBS)
- Emergency Services Program (ESP) providers
- Family support and training (FS&T)
- Intensive care coordination (ICC)
- Intensive clinical management (ICM)
- Mobile crisis intervention (MCI)
- Therapeutic mentoring (TM)
- Children's health
- Disease Management Coaching Programs
- Smoking Cessation
- Women's health
- 24/7 NurseLine
- Integrated care management
- Medication safety
- Urgent Care Situations
- Utilization Management
- Behavioral Health (mental health and/or substance use)
- Additional Resources
- In the Community
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Plan Selection and Fixed Enrollment Periods
- Helpful Information
In-home therapy (IHT)
In-home help for families
Our in-home therapy (IHT)* services help families with a child or teen who is dealing with behavioral health (mental health and/or substance use) issues. Instead of standard outpatient therapy, IHT services are delivered by one or more members of a team and can take place in your home, your child’s school, or another setting. IHT allows families to try out new skills where problems can occur (such as in the home or school).
The IHT team will work with you, your child, and your family to develop a treatment plan focused on:
- Setting limits
- Improving family communication
- Changing problem patterns
- Preventing behavioral health crises
We will provide IHT for as long as it takes to stabilize your child's condition. We will also make sure your family gets any necessary support services they need.
How to get IHT services
You do not need prior authorization for IHT. For more information or to ask for IHT services, please call one of our behavioral health care managers at 888.257.1985 (TTY: 711), Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
To find an IHT service provider in your area, please see our In-home therapy (IHT) provider guide.
*IHT services replace Family Stabilization Team (FST) services.