Therapeutic Mentoring (TM)
Therapeutic mentoring (TM) services help children or teens under the age of 21 with their daily living, social and communication needs.
These services help children and teens learn new skills, make functional progress and succeed in social situations. TM services provide supervision, support, coaching and training in the areas of:
- Age-appropriate behaviors
- Interpersonal communication
- Functional skill building
- Problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Interaction with other children or teens, and adults
Therapeutic mentoring services are hub-dependent, meaning they require referral from a clinical-hub provider — an outpatient, in-home therapy or intensive care coordination provider — who coordinates the child's or teen’s care and works together with other service providers.
TM services do not require prior authorization. A TM provider can call one of our behavioral health care managers at 888-257-1985 (TTY: 711) for more information.
To find a TM service provider in your area, visit our Find a Doctor, Hospital, or Pharmacy tool:
- Select Mental Health and/or Substance use tab
- Go to: “Are you looking for a doctor or hospital,” and select “I’m not sure”
- Select a type of service from the drop-down list: