Intensive Care Coordination (ICC)
Intensive care coordination (ICC) helps children or teens under the age of 21 with serious emotional disturbance.
A care coordinator develops a customized and flexible plan of care and makes sure the child or teen gets the right medically necessary services at the right time.
ICC includes an individualized care planning team that:
- Supports identifying and meeting goals
- Develops a child- and family-centered individual care plan and risk-management/safety plan
- Coordinates meetings
- Makes sure the child or teen gets the right services in the right place
- Monitors and reviews progress
ICC services require prior authorization. To obtain authorization, the ICC provider can call one of our behavioral health care managers at 888-257-1985 (TTY: 711), Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
To find an ICC provider in your area, visit our Find a Doctor, Hospital or Pharmacy tool:
- Select Mental Health and/or Substance use tab
- Go to “Are you looking for a doctor or hospital,” and select “I’m not sure”
- Select a type of service from the drop-down list:
- Intensive Care Coordination