In-home Behavioral Services (IHBS)
In-home behavioral services (IHBS) combine medically necessary behavior management therapy and behavior management monitoring.
Behavior management therapy
Behavior management therapy treats challenging behavior that interferes with the successful functioning of a child or teen. A behavior management therapist works with you to eliminate and/or improve behaviors related to behavioral health condition(s). These services include:
- Observing and assessing a child or teen’s behavior
- Developing a behavior plan
- Supervising and coordinating interventions
- Training to address and meet behavior goals
Behavior management monitoring
Behavior management monitoring includes putting the behavior plan into action, monitoring behavior, providing support and reporting on the child's or teen’s progress.
How to get IHBS
IHBS requires prior authorization The IHBS provider can call one of our behavioral health care managers at 888-257-1985 (TTY: 711) for IHBS authorization.
To find an IHBS provider in your area, visit our Find a Doctor, Hospital, or Pharmacy tool:
- Select Mental Health and/or Substance use tab
- Go to: “Are you looking for a doctor or hospital,” and select “I’m not sure”
- Select a type of service from the drop-down list:
- In Home Behavioral Services