Mobile Crisis Intervention (MCI)
If your child or teen has a behavioral health (mental health and/or substance use) crisis, you can call a mobile crisis intervention (MCI) team 24 a day, seven days a week to help safely stabilize the child.
This team is made up of behavioral health care providers and paraprofessionals who travel to where your child is (e.g., home, school, child care center) to provide on-site, face-to-face help. The team can stay involved for up to 7 days and also support the family by phone.
- A crisis assessment
- Development of a short-term plan to help your child remain in the home and avoid an out-of-home placement or hospitalization
- Psychiatric consultation and urgent psychopharmacology intervention (as needed)
- Help getting additional services and support
- In the Select Services field, click on the drop down and select ESP/MCI (Emergency Services Program/Mobile Crisis Intervention)
- Fill in the remaining search details, then hit Search