Doulas Offer Special Care for a Special Time
In-person help in your home
Having a baby can be stressful! That’s why all our MassHealth plans offer a doula program that gives you extra help when you are pregnant.
How it works
A doula is trained to give you non-medical support.* The doula can visit your home and:
- Help you and your family prepare for the birth of a new baby
- Teach you what to expect during your pregnancy, labor and delivery
- Coach you about breastfeeding
- Help you schedule and get ready for prenatal visits
- Teach you how to take care of your newborn, and more!
*A doula does not take the place of your provider.