Your Care Team
Your care team makes sure you get regular checkups, preventive care and treatment for ongoing conditions or concerns. Team members can meet you at an office, on the phone, by video or at any safe place near you.
Your care team will include:
- Your primary care provider (PCP) — Your PCP is your main health care provider. He or she coordinates your medical care and gets to know you and your health needs so you can get the best possible care at all times.
- Your care manager — Your care manager is the main point of contact on your team. Your care manager develops your care plan with you, your family/caregiver and your PCP. He or she makes sure all your providers and members of your Cityblock care team communicate and work together.
- Your community health partner — This team member can help coordinate transportation for you or fill out applications for community resources.
Based on your care plan needs, your team also may include:
- A care coordinator
- Nurse practitioners
- Specialists and other health care providers (such as a mental health and/or substance use provider or a physical therapist)
- A long-term services and supports coordinator
- A peer counselor
- A pharmacist
- A trusted family member or friend chosen by you
Use our online tool to search the providers in the Tufts Health Unify network.
Or ask your care manager to help you find network providers who will meet your health and cultural needs.
Tufts Health Unify is a health plan that contracts with both Medicare and MassHealth to provide benefits of both programs to enrollees. It is for people with both Medicare and MassHealth ages 21 through 64 at the time of enrollment.
This is not a complete list. The benefit information is a brief summary, not a complete description of benefits. For more information contact the plan or read the Member Handbook (2022).
Si habla español, tiene disponible los servicios de asistencia de idioma gratis. Llame al 1-855-393-3154 (TTY: 711), siete días de la semana, de 8 a.m. a 8 p.m. La llamada es gratuita.
You can get this document for free in other formats, such as large print, formats that work with screen reader technology, braille, or audio. Call 1-855-393-3154 (TTY:711), seven days a week, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. The call is free.
The List of Covered Drugs and/or pharmacy and provider networks may change from time to time throughout the year. We will send you a notice before we make a change that affects you.
Benefits may change on January 1 of each year.
Page modified on: 3/16/2022 5:35 PM