Change Your Doctor
Your primary care provider (PCP)
As a Tufts Health Plan member, you need to choose a PCP. Your PCP is the provider you call first, unless it’s an emergency. As the doctor who coordinates your care, your PCP gets to know you and your health needs so you get the best possible care at all times.
If you need to choose or change your PCP
- Search for a provider using our Find a Doctor, Hospital or Pharmacy tool. You can search by name, location, gender and more.
- If you need help choosing a PCP or would like more information about a specific provider, please call us toll-free at 855.393.3154 (TTY: 711), seven days a week, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. We’re happy to help.
You can also change your PCP through your member portal (link opens outside Tufts Health Plan’s website), our self-service tool. With your member portal, you can do things like keep track of your medical history as well as:
- Check to see if your provider needs to get prior authorization (permission) for you to get a service
- Check the status of a claim or an authorization
- Review your medical history, including: prescription medications, procedures, allergies, vaccinations, flu shots and much more
Don’t have an account? Sign up today! (link opens outside Tufts Health Plan's website) Or download the free Tufts Health Plan app to access your member portal on your mobile device. The app is available at the Apple App Store or Google Play.
Page modified on: 4/8/2016 5:55:39 PM