As a Tufts Health Direct member, you can get covered drugs with a doctor’s prescription. You can also get many prescription drugs by mail. You can get up to a 90-day supply of your prescription drugs, often for less money. Shipping is free, and refilling your prescriptions is easy. Most drugs listed in our Preferred Drug List (PDL) are covered by mail-order:
How much do prescription drugs cost?
To see pharmacy costs, including mail-order costs, choose your plan from the list below:
Tufts Health Direct 2019 plans for Individuals
Tufts Health Direct 2018 Plans for Individuals
How do I get prescription drugs by mail?
To get your prescription drugs by mail, follow the instructions on the CVS Caremark order form. You can order refills:
- Online with a CVS Caremark account
- By phone at 800.577.5339
- By mail using an order form
- When you can get generic drugs, we will not cover the brand-name drug unless we have given you prior authorization. If we approve the brand-name drug, you will pay a Tier 3 copayment or coinsurance, depending on your plan level.
- We will not cover drugs that are not on our PDL unless we have given you prior authorization. If we approve a drug not listed on the PDL, you will pay a Tier 3 copayment or coinsurance.
- Requests for reimbursement for drugs must be submitted within one year from the date of service.
- We cover prescription family-planning drugs and supplies with no copayment or coinsurance.
- We cover diabetes testing supplies with a prescription.
- Learn more about cost sharing.