Tufts Health Plan is switching to OptumRx. See what it means for you.
A better way to get the medications you need.
On January 1, 2023, Tufts Health Plan will begin using OptumRx as our pharmacy benefit manager. CVS Pharmacy will remain in our pharmacy network so you can continue to fill your prescriptions at your local CVS.
Benefits to you
Here are some of the things you can expect from this change:
- Better access – OptumRx gives you access to simple online tools, a more efficient way to get prescriptions, and guidance to make better decisions about your health. A set of innovative, easy-to-use online tools will help you manage your prescriptions, look up specific medications and review pricing options.
- Digital tools – A set of easy-to-use online tools will help you keep track of your prescriptions. You’ll be able to look up medications.
- 24-hour support – You can get help 24/7 if you have any questions or concerns about your medications.
How to prepare
Here are a few simple ways you can get ready for January 1, 2023:
- Look for your new Tufts Health Plan member ID card. It has details about OptumRx. Members should get new ID cards in the mail soon. Share your new card with your pharmacy for any drugs you fill on or after January 1. You can cut up and throw out your old ID card after January 1.
- If you use specialty pharmacies, you may hear from OptumRx. You may get a call from a patient care coordinator who can help walk you through the next steps.
We’re here to help
As a reminder, CVS Pharmacy will remain in our pharmacy network so you can continue to fill your prescriptions at your local CVS. For questions or concerns about your pharmacy benefits, please call the number on the back of your member ID card. Or you can send a message to Member Services through the member portal.
We’re happy to work with OptumRx to manage your pharmacy benefits.