During Your Pregnancy
Let us know when you’re pregnant. You can get many benefits while you're pregnant or just had a baby, such as a breast pump, breastfeeding services, maternity care and midwife services.
Pregnant members who attend two prenatal visits can get a $25 Shaw's supermarket gift card. You can put the gift card toward the purchase of a child’s car seat.
Who will deliver your baby?
If you haven't already, you need to choose the provider who will deliver your baby. Choose this provider as soon as possible so that he or she can take care of you and your baby during your pregnancy. You can choose any Tufts Health Plan OB/GYN, family doctor or midwife who provides prenatal care.
You can find a provider online. You can also call us at 866-738-4116 (TTY: 711). We’re open Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. We can help you find a doctor.
After you choose your pregnancy care provider, make sure to keep all of your scheduled appointments, even if you feel fine. Your provider can monitor your and your baby’s progress, address pregnancy-related health issues and answer any questions you have.
How to stay healthy during pregnancy:
- Eat healthy foods, like fruits and vegetables
- Avoid foods that may harm you or your baby. For instance, avoid meat that is not fully cooked and unpasteurized dairy products.
- Drink lots of fluids
- Avoid alcohol and soda, and cut down on caffeine
- Ask for help from family, friends or your provider to ease your stress
You can learn more about having a healthy pregnancy through our Online Health Guide.
Learn as you and your baby grow with text4baby. Sign up for three text messages a week. Texts are timed to your due date or your baby's birth date. Signing up is fast and easy. Text BABY to 511411.
Doulas Offer Special Care for a Special Time
A doula is a professionally trained person who can give you non-medical* support before, during and after you deliver. Through a blend of in person and virtual visits, a doula will get to know you and your desires, and can:
- Share info about pregnancy, labor and birth
- Answer your questions
- Advocate for you and help you get the services you need
- Help you have a memorable birth experience
- Coach you through caring for a baby and caring for multiple kids
- Offer breast/chestfeeding tips, and more!
*A doula does not take the place of your provider.