These services help children and teens learn new skills, make functional progress and succeed in social situations. TM services provide supervision, support, coaching and training in:
- Age-appropriate behaviors
- Interpersonal communication
- Functional skill building
- Problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Interaction with other children or teens, and adults
Therapeutic mentoring services are hub-dependent, meaning they require referral from a clinical-hub provider—an outpatient, in-home therapy or intensive care coordination provider—who coordinates the child's or teen’s care and works with other service providers.
TM services do not require prior authorization. A TM provider can call us at 888-257-1985 (TTY: 711) Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm for more information.
To find a TM provider in your area go to: Massachusetts Behavioral Health Access (MABHA)
Scroll down to Youth and Family Services, click on find provider openings, and choose the service you want from the drop down menu
Or visit our Find a Doctor, Hospital, or Pharmacy tool:
- Search Tool
- In the upper right section select “location” and put in your town or zip code
- Select “Places by Type”
- Type in "Therapeutic Mentoring"
- Click on “Therapeutic Mentoring” from the drop down list
- Select from the providers listed