These services help children and teens learn new skills, make functional progress and succeed in social situations. TM services provide supervision, support, coaching and training in:
- Age-appropriate behaviors
- Interpersonal communication
- Functional skill building
- Problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Interaction with other children or teens, and adults
Therapeutic mentoring services are hub-dependent, meaning they require referral from a clinical-hub provider—an outpatient, in-home therapy or intensive care coordination provider—who coordinates the child's or teen’s care and works with other service providers.
TM services do not require prior authorization. A TM provider can call us at 888-257-1985 (TTY: 711) Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. for more information.
To find a TM provider in your area go to:
Or visit our Find a Doctor, Hospital, or Pharmacy tool:
- Search Tool
- In the upper right section select “location” and put in your town or zip code
- Select “Places by Type”
- Type in "Therapeutic Mentoring"
- Click on “Therapeutic Mentoring” from the drop-down list
- Select from the providers listed