This team is made up of behavioral health care providers and paraprofessionals who travel to where your child is (e.g., home, school, childcare center) to provide on-site, face-to-face help. The team can stay involved for up to seven days and also support the family by phone.
- A crisis assessment
- Development of a short-term plan to help your child remain in the home and avoid an out-of-home placement or hospitalization
- Psychiatric consultation and urgent psychopharmacology intervention (as needed)
- Help getting additional services and support
To find an MCI provider:
Call 877-382-1609, anytime, day or night, and enter your zip code. Have a pen or pencil and piece of paper handy. Once you enter your zip code, you will get the phone number of the closest Emergency Services Program/Mobile Crisis Intervention that serves you;
Or go to:
- Scroll down to Youth and Family Services, click on find provider openings, and choose "ESP/MCI" from the drop down menu
- When choosing a provider, you need to call the provider or us at 888-257-1985 to make sure the provider accepts your insurance.
Or visit our Find a Doctor, Hospital, or Pharmacy tool:
- Search Tool
- In the upper right section select “location” and put in your town or zip code
- Select “Places by Type”
- For Adults, type in “Emergency Services Programs, (ESP)"
- For Children and teens type in "Youth Mobile Crisis Intervention"
- Click on the service from the drop down list
- Select from the providers listed