Our in-home therapy (IHT)* services help families with a child or teen who is dealing with behavioral health (mental health and/or substance use) issues. Instead of standard outpatient therapy, IHT services are delivered by one or more members of a team and can take place in your home, your child’s school or another setting. IHT allows families to try out new skills where problems can occur (such as in the home or school).
The IHT team will work with you, your child and your family to develop a treatment plan focused on:
- Setting limits
- Improving family communication
- Changing problem patterns
- Preventing behavioral health crises
We will provide IHT for as long as it takes to stabilize your child's condition. We will also make sure your family gets any necessary support services you need.
How to get IHT services
IHT services require prior authorization. To obtain authorization or more information, the IHT provider can call us at 888-257-1985 (TTY: 711), Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
To find a provider in your area, you can go to:
- Scroll down to Youth and Family Services, click on find provider openings, and choose the service you want from the drop down menu.
- After choosing a povider, you need to call the provider or us at 888-257-1985 to make sure the provider accepts your insurance. The provider then needs to call us to obtain authorization.
Or visit our Find a Doctor, Hospital, or Pharmacy tool:
- Search Tool
- In the upper right section select “location” and put in your town or zip code
- Select “Places by Type”
- Type in “In-Home Therapy Services”
- Click on “In-Home Therapy Services” from the drop down list
- Select from the providers listed