Telehealth from Tufts Health Plan
Powered by Teladoc
What is Telehealth?
Telehealth1 - powered by Teladoc® - is a convenient, affordable new way to access quality care for general medical, behavioral health, and dermatology services by web, phone2, or mobile app. Connect with a board-certified doctor, therapist, or dermatologist from the comfort of home, during your lunch break, or while traveling throughout the country.
You can even get a prescription sent to your local pharmacy, when medically necessary.
Teladoc has performed more than one million telehealth visits with 95-percent patient satisfaction.3
What does Telehealth treat?
- You can speak to a Teladoc doctor 24/7/365 in less than 10 minutes4 to treat non-emergency medical conditions, including cold and flu symptoms, allergies, sinus infections, sore throats, and more.
- Teladoc doctors have an average of 20 years’ practice experience. So it’s no wonder 92 percent of issues are resolved after the first visit.3
- Schedule a video appointment with a licensed therapist (including psychiatrists, psychologists, and social workers) seven days a week for support with anxiety, depression, family issues, and more.
- Connect with a licensed dermatologist through the web or mobile app for complex or ongoing skin conditions such as infections, psoriasis, eczema, and acne.
- Teladoc dermatologists will respond with a treatment plan within two business days, which is much faster than the average 52-day wait time to see a dermatologist.5
How much does Telehealth cost and save?
Telehealth visits are the same cost as a PCP visit for most members but could vary based on your plan or employer's negotiated copay.6
A Telehealth visit offers considerable savings when compared to the total average charge for a doctor’s office visit or an emergency room visit.