Mind + Body Perks
Helping you reach your wellness goals
As an incentive to our members to improve their overall health, Tufts Health Plan offers a number of opportunities to save on alternative therapies, including acupuncture, massage, mindfulness practices and more.1
Acupuncture + Massage | Mindfulness + Stress Management | BrainHQ™
Acupuncture and massage therapy
Reconnect your body, mind, and spirit with acupuncture and massage therapy. No referral is necessary to save on these special services at participating providers.
How it works:
- On massage therapy, you will either save 25% off the provider's usual and customary fee, or pay $15 per 15 minutes of massage therapy, whichever is less.
- On acupuncture, you will save 25% off the provider's usual and customary charges.
- Search our network of accredited massage therapists and acupuncturists to find a provider near you.
Please note: You are required to register online with ChooseHealthy in order to use their search tool (as well as other tools). Once you register, you will be able to log-in and access the search tool each time you return to their website.
Mindfulness and stress management
NEW! Ompractice Virtual Yoga and Meditation
Tufts Health Plan commercial members2 can access Ompractice virtual yoga at a discounted rate. Using two-way video via laptop or phone, Ompractice allows members to participate in live yoga and meditation classes with instruction and direction from a teacher, bringing the support, personal interaction and accountability of a studio session wherever you are.
To learn more about Ompractice and the discounts available, visit ompractice.com/tuftshealthplan
The Center for Mindfulness at UMass Memorial Health
Experience the original, evidence-based, 8-Week mindfulness course as developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn at UMass Medical Center in 1979. Find out how training in mindfulness and meditation can help you achieve greater energy and enthusiasm for life. Attend the online Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) or Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) programs with the Center for Mindfulness at UMass Memorial Health and receive 15% off the cost of tuition. Participants have found an increased ability to relax, an enhanced ability to cope with chronic pain and stressful situations, and improved self-confidence. For more information, visit the CFM website or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cambridge Health Alliance Center for Mindfulness and Compassion (CMC)
Tufts Health Plan members and employees receive 15% off Mindfulness and Self-Compassion courses at Cambridge Health Alliance Center for Mindfulness and Compassion (CMC)! Experience mindfulness and compassion training to reduce stress and improve your overall well-being.
Save 15% on Cambridge Health Alliance Center for Mindfulness and Compassion (CMC) eight-week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) courses. Experience mindfulness and compassion training to reduce stress and improve your overall well-being. Programs are available to members on an individual basis after CMC conducts a screening process to determine if the program is right for you.
For more information and to register, visit https://www.chacmc.org/courses. If you have questions, please email email@example.com or call 617-591-6132. To get the discount, use access code THP15 when you register.
Give your mind a break - with our free audio meditation series
Meditation offers you a number of valuable benefits – from reducing stress and anxiety to improving your sleep and attention span. It’s an easy and effective way to:
- Calm your busy mind
- Relax your body
- Become grounded and
- Find inner peace
And the best part? Anyone can learn how to do it!
Welcome to ‘Meditation 101’
If you’re interested in making meditation part of your life, give “Meditation 101” a try. This free 10-part audio series gives you all the tools you need for a regular meditation practice. Listen to the sessions whenever you want and just about anywhere – while at the office, sitting in traffic or relaxing at home.
Meditation 101 begins by explaining the basics, such as proper posture and breathing techniques, before progressing to more advanced concepts, such as awareness. Although you can complete the sessions without breaks, you’ll get the most from them by taking time — even days — between each session to reflect on your experience.
Be a Meditation Master
- Take your time — Don’t be shy about listening to sessions multiple times. You should feel comfortable with the skill you’re trying to develop in a session before moving on to the next one.
- Find your space — Before you begin each session, find a quiet space, free of distraction, where you can sit comfortably and focus your attention.
- Get seated — Although you can do meditation anywhere and in any position, you’ll be most successful in a seated, upright position. If you meditate while lying down, you can become tired or foggy. A seated position allows you to relax and be comfortable while remaining alert and aware. You may want to sit with a back support so that you can fully relax your body while remaining upright.
- Plan your time — You’ll also want to make sure you have enough time to complete your session in one sitting without interruption. If you do have to pause a session for any reason, restart from the beginning to experience its full benefit.
Get started today!
Let the relaxation begin! Go to app.wellable.co/Meditation101 and enter access code: thp.
Tufts Health Plan members can receive a 17% discount off the subscription price of the BrainHQ™ application offered by Posit Science. BrainHQ is the only online cognitive training program not just scientifically designed, but proven effective in over 70 peer-reviewed publications. Stay sharp and join BrainHQ today.