Additional Membership Perks
Helping you care for yourself and others
Be Safer at Home
Be Safer At Home (BSAH) offers members substantially discounted rates on the monthly fees of a Personal Emergency Response System (PERS). PERS provide 24/7 emergency assistance and care, increasing safety, independence and extending quality of life while enabling individuals to safely age in place. BSAH has several options to meet your lifestyle and budget needs including; Landline, Cellular, Mobile, Mobile GPS, and Fall Detection. While all the units are easy to install, members can schedule installation by a BSAH technician at no charge.
Monitored Medication Dispensers are also available at a discounted rate and can hold up to 28 days of medication. It includes audible and visual alarms, lock for security, easy to set dispense times and communicates with caregivers and families through text, email or telephone if dose is missed.
To receive the discounted rates, contact Be Safer At Home at 781-938-7377 (option 1) and let the customer service representative know you are a Tufts Health Plan member.
For more information, visit Be Safer at Home (connectamerica.com)
CareScout’s caregiver support services help to ease the stress of caring for an aging loved one. The program provides a robust website, one-on-one telephonic support as well as in person visits. Get 50% off the retail pricing for CareScout’s Caregiver Support Services today. Services levels include:
Caregiver support web-site service subscription
- On-line Caregiving information about different types of care
- Questions to ask Providers
- Tips for when touring/interviewing care Providers
- Searchable nationwide database of 90,000+ Long Term Care Providers
- CareScout Proprietary Quality Reports for Nursing Home Providers
- Unbiased information, no advertisements, no referral fees ever taken
Telephonic clinical care consultation (RN or social worker) with a caregiver support web-site service subscription
Telephone Clinical Care Consultation Service components are:
- Telephonic consultations with Clinical Care Advocate
- Assessment and plan of care
- Resource Guides
- Care Provider identification
- Best rate negotiation (if requested and appropriate)
CareScout clinical on-site functional, cognitive, and environmental assessment with a caregiver support web-site service subscription
The Clinical on-site Assessment for Client Network members includes:
- On-site RN functional, cognitive, and environmental assessment of any individual in the 50 United States via CareScout’s nationwide Field Nurse Network
- Quality Review of Field Nurse assessment by CareScout office-based clinical staff which includes clarification and/or procurement of any missing data
- Easy to understand Summary of Assessment
- Development of a recommended Plan of Care
- Telephonic consultation for up to 90 days to review Assessment Summary, recommended Plan of Care, and Provider options.
- Identification of appropriate long-term care providers (if appropriate)
- Best rate negotiation with recommended long-term care providers (if appropriate)
To access your Tufts Health Plan discount call 800-571-1918 and let the representative know you’re a Tufts Health Plan member.
To learn more about the services visit carescout.com.
Home Instead Senior Care
Helping you care for the seniors in your life.
Home Instead Senior Care provides a wide range of non-medical support services to enable seniors to live safely and comfortably wherever they call home — whether that’s the home they lived in for decades, the home of a child, an assisted living community, or a nursing home. Trained CAREGivers® help seniors with meal preparation, bathing, grooming, dressing, incontinence care, mobility assistance, transportation, housework, and medication regimen support.
Home Instead provides support services in hospice settings and following discharge from the hospital or rehab. CAREGivers® provide meaningful companionship, engagement, and supervision to seniors that have an Alzheimer’s or Dementia diagnosis. Home Instead’s services are customized to meet the needs of each individual. Service hours generally range from a few hours per week to 24-hours per day.
As a Tufts Health Plan member, you or a family member can receive a one-time $100.00 credit toward charges for services at participating offices. Tufts Health Plan members also receive a free home safety inspection once they have contracted for services with Home Instead Senior Care.
For more information, please contact Home Instead:
Phone: 888-580-6676 (toll-free)
To get the discount, just show your Tufts Health Plan ID card.
Hearing Care Solutions
Hearing Care Solutions (HCS) provides you1 with cost-effective hearing care services and products offered by today’s leading manufacturers. The HCS program streamlines the hearing care process for members and their dependents by offering discounted prices, as low as $500, on a wide array of digital hearing aids with varying levels of technology and features.2
Along with competitive pricing, you get access to services including:
- A complete hearing exam, hearing aid evaluation and fitting3
- The choice of over 5,000 locations nationwide for an appointment
- Access to HCS Doctor of Audiology and Product Specialists for questions and product support
- 9 brands and multiple levels of hearing aid technologies to choose from
- 3-year manufacturers’ warranty on hearing aids, including loss, damage, and repair4
- Battery supply that covers 3 years of use5
Get started by requesting an appointment and visiting one of the nationwide providers most convenient to you.
Visit hearingcaresolutions.com/tufts to learn more.
Life Cycle Transitions
Save on a variety of services that help members with chronic health problems stay well at home or transition to a new location. Savings include a 20% discount for services such as relocation & downsizing, help addressing a distressed home, cleaning, hoarding assistance and more.
Life Cycle Transitions (LCT) has created a program that will assist families in several different ways:
If you’re seeking to relocate and need help to get your home prepared for sale. LCT has a unique assessment process that allows them to make a fair market offer on your home or provide you with top-notch contractors that can help you renovate your property for the highest resale value.
If you’re battling with depression and need help retrieving your home from a hoarded or distressing condition, LCT’s qualified and experienced technicians will come out and do a thorough walk-through of your home and provide a very detailed assessment of how to approach the cleanup and deliver your home back to you.
If your parents are getting older and need help downsizing and locating a more suitable home or living community. LCT’s experienced and compassionate staff will provide you with a liaison that will provide one on one assistance to craft a plan customized to your needs.
If you’re battling with health issues that have affected your current living environment drastically and you need help getting your home back in order. LCT will bring comfort and peace back to you by providing a team that will get your home back in shape with organizing and preparation for whatever stage you are in.
Key Services consist of packing, sorting, cleaning, organizing, hauling away, moving, hoarding cleanup, home renovations, realtor expertise, assisted living help, home health aide assistance, estate planning and transition counseling.
Schedule an assessment today at 1-877-273-7810 or email LCT directly at Info@lifecycleTransitions.com. To get the 20% discount, mention you are a Tufts Health Plan Member.
For more information, visit www.lifecycletransitions.com