Do you or a loved one have memory loss? Do you have common signs of Alzheimer’s?
Our Memory Loss, Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Support Program will help you, a loved one and your caregiver(s)
- You will receive telephonic coaching from a Nurse Care Manager at your convenience
- We will provide assistance by recommending community resources such as the Alzheimer’s Association and support groups, as well as respite options for the caregiver
- We will help the member and caregiver understand:
- the disease process and common treatment plans
- medication use and side effects
- exercise regimen and dietary recommendations
- We will discuss mutually established health care goals for you to achieve
- We will assist in having conversations with you that facilitate life planning, setting goals, and communicating these goals to your families, significant others and providers.
- We can help with long-term planning and implementing important documents associated with your health care decisions such as health care proxies.
What do your benefits cover (Medications? Durable medical equipment? Lab work? Inpatient/outpatient care?)
If you have questions about your benefit coverage, please check your Evidence of Coverage Document (EOC) on mytuftshealthplan.com or call our member services number on the back of your ID Card.
Have a medical concern and not sure what to do?
You have options to access the care you need when you need it:
- Reach out to your Primary Care Provider
- Reach out to one of our compassionate and experiences Nurse Care Managers (specializing in memory loss, dementia or Alzheimers) during business hours at 888.766.9818 ext. 53532
- Register for telehealth, powered by Teladoc® to access U.S. board certified doctors and therapists by web, phone, or mobile app – 24/7/365 at teladoc.com/tuftshealthplan1
- Call our Nurse24 line to speak with a registered nurse 24/7/365 at 1.866.201.7919
Alzheimer’s and dementia support videos and articles
Register or Login to mytuftshealthplan.com to access relevant Alzheimer’s and Dementia support videos including:
- Video: Alzheimer’s Disease – Learn what steps you and your family can take to help you live well with this disease
- Alzheimer’s Disease – What is it? What causes it? What are the symptoms? How is it diagnosed? How is it treated?
- Dementia: Tips for Communicating
- Dementia: Support for Caregivers