Maternal and Child Health
Tufts Health Public Plans
Our maternal and child health wellness services complement the care you provide your pregnant Tufts Health Public Plans patients. We work closely with you to make sure our pregnant members receive ongoing prenatal care, and we can help coordinate post-delivery care for new mothers and their babies.
- We cover maternal and child health wellness services for your Tufts Health Public Plans patients from maternity through postpartum visit.
- We cover prenatal and postpartum visits at your Tufts Health Public Plans patient's home by visiting nurse, as well as a postpartum visit by an OB/GYN provider.
When a Tufts Health Public Plans member is pregnant
After confirming a Tufts Health Public Plans member’s pregnancy, please notify us as soon as possible so she can receive specialized benefits and services from our maternal and child health clinicians. You can notify us by completing and faxing the Tufts Health Public Plans Prenatal Registration Form (PDF) to:
Maternal and Child Health Manager
Tufts Health Plan
Once you complete the form, we generate a precertification number for our global obstetrical package, which covers the following services:
- Routine obstetrical ultrasound
- Prenatal nutritional counseling
- Care management
- Other routine prenatal and postpartum services
We will also notify your Tufts Health Public Plans patients about childbirth and/or breastfeeding classes, and how they can get prenatal and postpartum home visits from a nurse.
For more information, please call us at 888-257-1985 (TTY: 888-391-5535), Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. We're happy to help.
Maternal and child health education materials for your practice