Taking care of your child's health is a big job. We're here to help.
During COVID-19, it’s still important for children to get their immunizations.
Make sure you protect your kids from preventable diseases. Measles, mumps and whooping cough are still serious risks for young children.
Call your child’s primary care provider. Make a plan to keep your child on schedule for their immunizations safely. Well visits and immunizations are covered at no cost to members.
Be wise: Immunize … and get a gift card!
Make sure you stay current on your child’s shots (immunizations). Shots are safe, and they can help keep kids healthy. They help protect your child from harmful diseases like measles, chickenpox and hepatitis A and B.
There is a schedule for childhood shots. You should follow the schedule with your primary care provider’s (PCP) guidance. For example, the shot for chickenpox is due when your child is 15 to 18 months old.
We will help take the sting out of your child’s shots by giving you a $25 supermarket gift card when your child gets all the necessary shots by his or her second birthday.
Infants and children should have full physical exams and screenings at:
- 1 to 2 weeks
- 1 month
- 2 months
- 4 months
- 6 months
- 9 months
- 12 months
- 15 months
- 18 months
Questions to ask your child's PCP during a visit:
- Does my child need a shot?
- When is the next shot due?
- When should I bring my child back to see you?
- When I get my child home after getting shots, what should I watch for or call you about?
- Can my child still get a shot when he or she is sick?
Behavioral health services
We also cover services that treat behavioral health issues, including mental health and/or substance use disorders, that may affect your child.
Other Tufts Health RITogether EXTRAS:
- Get the recommended childhood immunizations and screenings by age 2, and we’ll send you a $25 supermarket gift card.
- Get a yearly checkup (ages 3 to 9), and we’ll send you:
- Get a yearly checkup (ages 10 to 17), and we’ll send you a $10 iTunes gift card.
- Members ages 18 and older can receive a fitness band that tracks steps, calories, sleep and more after getting an annual checkup.
Restrictions apply. See your Tufts Health RITogether Member Handbook or call member services at 866.738.4116 (TTY: 711) for more information.