Fraud and Abuse
We need you to help us cut health care fraud and abuse. This is one way we can all help curb rising health care costs.
What does it look like? Here are some ways you could be a victim of fraud and abuse:
- You are sent bills for health care services you did not get
- Someone asks for your member ID card to get health care services
- Someone asks you to give false health care information
If you see fraud and abuse, please let us know right away. We have made it easy for you to report it. You can:
- Call 866.738.4116 (TTY: 711)
- Call our hotline at 877.824.7123. You do not have to tell us your name.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org. You do not have to tell us your name.
- Send a letter to:
Tufts Health Plan
Attn: Fraud and Abuse
705 Mount Auburn Street
Watertown, MA 02472
You do not have to tell us your name.
You also can reach out to the state. Call 401.222.2566 or 401.274.4400, extension 2260. Or send a letter to:
Medicaid Fraud Control Unit
Office of the Attorney General
150 South Main Street
Providence, RI 02903
You can call us at 866.738.4116 (TTY: 711). We’re open Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.