Tips to prevent hospital readmissions
Being discharged from the hospital can be a difficult time.
Your Cityblock care team can help make this time easier for you and help you avoid going back to the hospital.
The first few days at home are the most important. Your Cityblock care team will call after you get home to make sure you have what you need to get better. Your care team will ask you some questions about your health like:
- Do you know why you were in the hospital?
- Do you have your discharge papers?
- What do you need to do next? Like see your primary care provider (PCP) or specialist, and how will you get there.
- Do you know what to do and who to call if you have problems?
- Do you have all your medications, and know when and how to take them? Making sure you are taking the right medication at the right time is important to staying healthy.
Please take the time to talk with your care team when they call. Your care manager can help you stay safe and healthy at home. Your Cityblock care team will then arrange a home visit within a week of going home from the hospital to make sure that all your needs will be met. Your Cityblock care manager will be at that visit too - to help out - and to coordinate with all your providers.