Join Our Network
Tufts Health Public Plans
We are a comprehensive health plan working with thousands of health care professionals to provide care for our members in Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
As a part of our network, you can take advantage of many services and benefits designed to make caring for your Tufts Health Public Plans patients easier. In addition, when your patients join Tufts Health Plan, they get all of the benefits of those programs, plus much more.
If you are a provider interested in joining our network, please submit a formal letter of interest to one of the addresses below.
For doing business in Massachusetts:
Tufts Health Plan
Attn: Director of Contracting
P.O. Box 9194
Watertown, MA 02471-9194
For doing business in Rhode Island:
Tufts Health Plan
Attn: Contract Manager
75 Fountain Street, Floor 1
Providence, RI 02903
To ensure we accurately review your request, please be sure to include the following information in your letter:
- The formal business name of the entity for which you are requesting a contract
- Provider(s) name(s)
- Address where we should send contract information
- Provider site addresses
- Contact name and phone number
- Tax identification number(s)
- Specialties and/or special certifications
- Approximate percentage of Medicaid patients seen at your practice
- Approximate number of Tufts Health Public Plans patients seen at your practice
- Any independent physician association or physician-hospital organization affiliations
- Your referral hospital
- Any other referral relationships
- Language(s) spoken or special services offered
- Any other relevant information that can help us in making our decision
If you are a behavioral health provider, please be sure to include this additional information:
- Whether you see members under the age of 21
- If so, are you CANS certified? (Massachusetts only
- Whether you have a relationship with a prescriber
- If so, please include the prescriber name and contact number
Contracting staff will review your letter and send you a response within 60–90 days of receiving it. If we approve your request, we will mail you a contracting package. Unfortunately, we are not able to approve all requests. Our ability to approve requests depends on our current network needs. We keep all provider requests on file. If there is a change in circumstances, we will review your application again.
Please refer to the Tufts Health Public Plans Provider Manual for more information.