- Condition Management
- Commercial Plans Condition Management
- Tufts Health Public Plans Condition Management
Clinical Programs - Weight Management
Tufts Health Plan recognizes the importance of helping our members—your patients—achieve a healthy weight and modify their risk factors for chronic disease. A wide variety of personalized resources are available to meet our members’ needs and encourage behavior change.
An online Wellbeing Assessment (WBA), available for members through their secure online account at mytuftshealthplan.com, allows members to confidentially review their health status. Based on their risk factors, such as overweight, hypertension, physical activity, nutrition, and stress, specific learning modules are then suggested. Fully insured members who complete a WBA and have a BMI ≥28 will be offered specialized one-on-one lifestyle coaching to motivate and help them achieve a healthy weight.
Other online educational resources at mytuftshealthplan.com include interactive tutorials, monthly seminars, fitness planners and progress trackers.
Medically Necessary Nutritional Counseling
Tufts Health Plan members are covered for unlimited medically necessary nutritional counseling visits:
- Tufts Health Plan HMO and EPO members must have a referral from their PCP to receive coverage.
- POS members must have a PCP referral to receive coverage at the authorized level of benefits.
- PPO members do not require a referral to receive medically necessary nutritional counseling.
Members have access to the following discounts
Nutrition and Weight Management Discounts:
Fitness and Exercise
Direct your patients to these and other resources in the Health Information and Tools section of Tufts Health Plan’s member website so they can take advantage of all that is available.