- Condition Management
- Commercial Plans Condition Management
- Tufts Health Public Plans Condition Management
Clinical Programs - Healthy Birthday Program
The goals of Tufts Health Plan's Healthy Birthday Program include:
- To identify and manage pregnant members at risk for preterm labor, as well as those with medical high-risk pregnancy due to existing conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, multiple sclerosis, pregnancy-induced hypertension or gestational diabetes
- To decrease infant mortality and long-term effects associated with prematurity
- To educate expectant mothers and enhance their knowledge of the importance of prenatal care
The following is a brief description of the program and its components:
- Tufts Health Plan HMO, POS, EPO and PPO members are eligible.
- Obstetrical care managers work with providers and members throughout pregnancy to support treatment plans, address compliance issues, and maximize community and other resources that may be available.
- Prenatal guidebooks are mailed to members who self-refer on the member portal or who are identified by their provider. The guidebook includes educational materials and resources along with a depression self-assessment screening tool specific to this population.
- Tufts Health Plan members can be referred to the program by printing and faxing our
Prenatal Registration Form to 617.972.9417.
If you would like additional information on the Healthy Birthday Program, please call the Tufts Health Priority Care line at 888.766.9818 ext. 53532.