Get Transportation to Your Medical Appointments
You can get transportation at no cost to and from your medical appointments as part of your Tufts Health Unify (Medicare-Medicaid Plan) benefits.
Need a ride?
You can get rides to medical appointments at no cost to you. Tufts Health Unify covers transportation for medical reasons other than emergencies*, too. That includes rides to and from medical appointments, urgent care centers and more!
Your health plan also covers transportation to community services and activities that help you stay independent when these needs are included in your care plan.
*For more information about your covered emergency transportation services, look in your Member Handbook.
Scheduling a ride
We work with Coordinated Transportation Solutions (CTS) to meet your transportation needs.
There are 2 ways to schedule a ride:
- Call CTS directly at 833-242-3331 (TTY: 711)
- Call us at 855-393-3154 (TTY: 711), seven days a week, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and select the prompts for transportation
Make sure you have the following information handy:
- Your Tufts Health Unify member ID number
- The location of your appointment
- The date and time of your appointment
- Where you want the driver to pick you up
- A phone number and/or email address where the driver can reach you
How it works
Call and schedule a ride 48 hours in advance. When you make a reservation, ask about expected pick-up and wait times. CTS will call the night before to remind you about the ride. Drivers will call you when they arrive to pick you up.
In some situations, you can schedule rides for the same day you call. Examples of visits that may qualify for same-day rides include:
- Follow-up appointments
- Hospital admissions or discharges
- Outpatient surgery
- Appointments for new medical conditions
- Visits to urgent care centers
Be at the pick up location 10-15 minutes before your scheduled pick up time the day of your appointment.
Tufts Health Unify is a health plan that contracts with both Medicare and MassHealth (Medicaid) to provide benefits of both programs to enrollees.