Consumer Advisory Council
Do you want to share your opinions? We want to hear them!
Tufts Health Plan is committed to our mission of improving the health and wellness of the diverse communities we serve. We value our members' input and unique perspectives, and we want to improve our programs to best serve you.
Join our Consumer Advisory Council (CAC) and share your thoughts and suggestions to help improve Tufts Health Unify (Medicare-Medicaid Plan).
What is a Consumer Advisory Council?
A CAC is a group of Tufts Health Unify members and their families or caregivers who meet to discuss a variety of topics about their health care experiences.
Our goal is to provide you an opportunity to openly share your opinions and thoughts to help us improve your health care experiences. If you join our CAC, you will serve as a voice for your peers and help make a difference in our programs and policies.
What do I need to know?
The CAC is a safe and confidential space where you can give feedback and share your opinions. Here are some important things we think you should know before joining:
- CAC meetings are held quarterly (every three months) and led by Tufts Health Plan staff.
- Each session runs between one and two hours and is held via Zoom. Any in-person meeting we may have will also be held via Zoom for those that cannot attend.
- Members receive a $50 gift card for each meeting they attend. We also reimburse members for travel expenses, including miles driven in a personal vehicle, toll fees, public transportation, or taxi fares. **
- Before each meeting, we send all participants a reminder, and the topics and agenda for that session.
- We provide refreshments and light snacks at each in-person meeting.
- We may record some sessions, with your permission, for the purpose of improving our programs and your health care experiences.
* The $50 is in the form of a gift card.
** We provide mileage reimbursements based on rates set by the IRS ($.56/mile) or other expenses with accompanying receipts.
What are my rights and responsibilities?
If you join our CAC, we ask that you attend each session and be open and honest. This is a valuable opportunity to provide your feedback to help us improve.
As a CAC participant, you have a right to request accommodations needed to create a safe, comfortable, and accessible environment. The CAC meeting will be held virtually through a video and/or phone call.
How do I join?
If you are interested in joining our Consumer Advisory Council (CAC), apply now!
If you have questions, please send us an email.
Tufts Health Unify is a health plan that contracts with both Medicare and MassHealth (Medicaid) to provide benefits of both programs to enrollees.
Page modified on: 6/12/2018 2:09:36 PM