Consumer Advisory Council
Do you want to voice your opinions? We want to hear them!
Tufts Health Plan is committed to our mission of improving the health and wellness of the diverse communities we serve. We value our members' input and unique perspectives, and we want to help improve our programs to best serve you.
Join our Consumer Advisory Council (CAC) and share your thoughts and suggestions to help improve Tufts Health Unify.
What is a Consumer Advisory Council?
A CAC is a group of Tufts Health Unify members and their families or caregivers who meet to discuss a variety of topics about their health care experiences.
Our goal is to provide you an opportunity to openly share your opinions and thoughts to help us improve your access to health care. If you join our CAC, you will serve as a voice for your peers and help make a difference in our programs and policies.
What do I need to know?
The CAC is a safe and confidential space where you can give feedback and share your opinions. Here are some important things we think you should know before joining:
- CAC meetings are held quarterly (every three months) and led by Tufts Health Plan staff.
- Each session runs between one and two hours.
- We will pay $50 per meeting,* and reimburse travel expenses, including miles driven in a personal car, toll fees, public transportation or taxi fares.**
- Before each meeting, we send all participants a reminder, and the topics and agenda for that session.
- We provide refreshments and light snacks at each meeting.
- We may record some sessions, with your permission, for the purpose of improving our programs and your access to health care. We will make these recordings available to you upon request.
* The $50 may be in the form of a gift card.
** We provide mileage reimbursements based on rates set by the IRS ($.56/mile) or other expenses with accompanying receipts.
What are my rights and responsibilities?
If you join our CAC, we ask that you attend each session and be open and honest. This is a valuable opportunity to provide your feedback to help us improve.
As a CAC participant, you have a right to request special accommodations needed to create a safe and comfortable environment. Our meeting locations are fully accessible to individuals using wheelchairs or other mobility aids. If you are not able to attend a meeting in person, we can arrange for you to participate via video or telephone conferencing.
How do I join?
If you are interested in joining our CAC, call us toll-free at 855.393.3154 (TTY: 711), seven days a week, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., or send us an email.
Page modified on: 6/12/2018 2:09:36 PM