In-home Therapy (IHT)
In-home help for families
Our in-home therapy (IHT) services help families with a child or teen who is dealing with behavioral health (mental health and/or substance use) issues. Instead of standard outpatient therapy, IHT services are delivered by one or more members of a team and can take place in your home, your child’s school or another setting. IHT allows families to try out new skills where problems can occur (such as in the home or school).
The IHT team will work with you, your child and your family to develop a treatment plan focused on:
- Setting limits
- Improving family communication
- Changing problem patterns
- Preventing behavioral health crises
We will provide IHT for as long as it takes to stabilize your child's condition. We will also make sure your family gets any necessary support services you need.
How to get IHT services
IHT services require prior authorization. To obtain authorization or more information, the IHT provider can call 888-257-1985 (TTY: 711), Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
To find an IHT service provider in your area, visit our Find a Doctor, Hospital, or Pharmacy tool:
- Select Mental Health and/or Substance use tab
- Go to: “Are you looking for a doctor or hospital,” and select “I’m not sure”
- Select a type of service from the drop-down list: