Get Transportation to Your Vaccine Appointment
You can get free transportation to and from your COVID-19 vaccination appointment through MassHealth even if you do not qualify for non-emergency transportation benefits in other situations.
Here are the steps to follow to schedule a ride:
- Make sure you have the following information handy:
- Your MassHealth ID number
- The location of your vaccine appointment
- The date and time of your appointment
- Where you want the driver to pick you up
- A phone number and/or email address where the driver can reach you
- Request a ride by:
- Calling Tufts Health Plan at 888-257-1985 (TTY: 711), or
- Calling MassHealth customer service at 800-841-2900. Follow the prompts for “transportation to a vaccine appointment” until you are connected with a representative who will help you request transportation. The person who takes your request will give you a reference number called a PT-1 number.
- Call the transportation broker in your area to schedule your ride at least three days before your appointment whenever possible. See broker list by region and the regional map below. The broker will need your PT-1 number.
- MART – Greater Boston, Central Mass, Pioneer Valley 800-854-9928
- GATRA – Southeastern Mass 800-431-1713
- CCRTA – Cape and Islands 800-352-7155, option 3
- BRTA – Berkshire County 800-292-2782, option 2
- FRTA – Franklin County 888-301-2262, option 0
- CATA – Cape Ann and Merrimack Valley 800-830-5191
- Be at the curb 10-15 minutes before your scheduled pick up time the day of your appointment.
- Call your transportation broker if you don’t see your driver to confirm the driver is on the way.
For more information, download the MassHealth Vaccine Transportation FAQ or call MassHealth at 800-841-2900.