Make this the Year
Tired of making New Year’s resolutions and giving up in a matter of weeks? We can help!
You have access to a nutrition coaching program—called Good Measures—that can help you reach your food and fitness goals.
With Good Measures, you can work with a registered dietitian. The dietitian will create a plan for you that has healthy versions of your favorite meals. Your coach also can help you by phone, computer or tablet at times that work for you.
The Good Measures app helps you choose healthy foods and track your progress.
Members who join Good Measures often:
- Lose weight
- Improve blood pressure, glucose and cholesterol levels
- Prevent diseases or slow how fast they progress
Start the year off right with Good Measures! To learn more or to enroll, call 844-398-9510. Or visit Good Measures.
Fall Favorites Can Be Healthy and Tasty
Carrot Ginger Soup
This warming soup can be a great starter for your Thanksgiving dinner.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 ½ pounds carrots, peeled or scrubbed, thinly sliced
- 6 cups unsalted vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: toasted pumpkin seeds or chopped parsley
- In 4-quart saucepan, heat the olive oil on medium.
- Add onions and cook until transparent, about 5 minutes.
- Add ginger and cook 2 minutes, stirring and watching carefully to avoid burning.
- Add carrots and broth and cook until carrots are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and put in the blender (in batches, if needed). Or use an immersion blender to blend until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat before serving with choice of topping.
You can get more recipes when you sign up for Good Measures. This nutrition coaching program is available at no cost to Tufts Health RITogether members.