- Tufts Health Unify
- Benefits & Costs
- Information & Tools
- Your Care
- Your Health
- Documents and Resources
- Renew Your Coverage
Your Care Team
Your care team is a group of people that you choose. The team will always include at least you, your primary care provider, a care manager, and anyone else you want to include such as family or trusted friends. Some of these core team members and their roles will also include:
- Primary care provider (PCP) — Your PCP is your main health care provider. He or she coordinates your medical care and gets to know you and your health needs so you can get the best possible care at all times.
- Care manager — Your care manager develops your care plan with you, your family/caregiver and doctor. He or she is the main point of contact on your team, making sure everyone on your team is communicating and working together.
Based on your care plan needs, we might also suggest some of the following providers for your team:
- Care coordinator — Your care coordinator reviews the services you get and determines other needs you might have.
- Long-term services and supports (LTSS) coordinator — Your LTSS coordinator (PDF) works with you and other members of your care team to provide access to the support services and information you need to maintain a level of independence.
- Specialists and other health care providers — These team members, such as behavioral health (mental health and/or substance use) providers or physical therapists, may also provide treatment as part of your care plan.
Page modified on: 4/7/2016 7:00:59 PM