- Tufts Health Together
- Benefits + Costs
- My Information + Tools
- Behavioral Health (mental health and/or substance use)
- Children's health
- Disease Management Coaching Programs
- Smoking Cessation
- Women's health
- 24/7 NurseLine
- Integrated care management
- Medication safety
- Urgent Care Situations
- Utilization Management
- Additional Resources
- In the Community
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Plan Selection and Fixed Enrollment Periods
- Helpful Information
During Your Pregnancy
Now that you're pregnant, let us know so that we can help you take advantage of special benefits for members who are pregnant or who have recently had a baby. As a Tufts Health Together member, you get many covered services while you're pregnant, such as a free breast pump, breastfeeding services, maternity care, and midwife services.
If you haven't already, you also need to choose the doctor who will deliver your baby. Choose this doctor as soon as possible so that he or she can take care of you and your baby during your pregnancy. You can choose any Tufts Health Plan obstetrician/gynecologist or family doctor who provides prenatal care. You can find a doctor online or call us at 888.257.1985 (TTY: 711), Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and we can help you find a doctor.
After you choose your pregnancy care doctor, make sure to keep all of your scheduled appointments, even if you feel fine. Be sure to ask questions during your pregnancy.
Important tips during pregnancy
There are many things you should do during pregnancy to keep yourself healthy, such as:
- Eat healthy foods like vegetables and dried fruits; avoid potentially harmful foods like undercooked meat and unpasteurized dairy products
- Drink lots of fluids, avoid sodas, and cut down on caffeine
- Ask for help from family, friends, or a health care professional to reduce your stress
To learn more about having a healthy pregnancy, see our Online Health Guide.