When to change from a pediatrician to an adult PCP

For members who recently turned age 19, you may need or want to transition your care from a pediatrician to a primary care provider (PCP) for adults (such as a general practitioner).

You may need to choose a PCP for adults for the following reasons:

  • You have reached the age of 19
  • You are pregnant and may want to have an adult PCP or obstetric gynecologist provide your care
  • Your pediatrician may suggest you transition to a PCP for adults

We're here to help you make that transition. To change your pediatrician to an adult PCP use our online Find a Doctor, Hospital, or Pharmacy tool. Once you've selected a new PCP, you can log in to Tufts Health Member Connect  to make the change in our system. Or, you can also call member services at 888-257-1985 (TTY: 888-391-5535), Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. to get help in finding or changing your PCP.

plans card