- Tufts Health RITogether
- Benefits + Costs
- My Information + Tools
- Your Health
- Additional Resources
- Renew Your Coverage
- Frequently Asked Questions
Children have special health needs. Takign care of your child's health is a big job. We're here to help.
Be wise: Immunize … and get a gift card!
Make sure you stay current on your child’s shots (immunizations). Shots can help keep kids healthy. They protect your child from harmful diseases like measles, chickenpox, and hepatitis A and B. For a schedule of childhood shots, click here or check with your child’s provider.
There is a schedule for childhood shots. You should follow the schedule with your provider’s guidance. For example, the shot for chickenpox is due when your child is 15 to 18 months old. Childhood shots are perfectly safe. We will even help take the sting out of your child’s shots by giving you a $25 supermarket gift card when your child gets all the necessary shots by his or her second birthday.
Infants and children should have full physical exams and screenings at:
- Does my child need a shot?
- When is the next shot due?
- When should I bring my child back to see you?
- When I get my child home after getting shots, what should I watch for or call you about?
- Can my child still get a shot when he or she is sick?
We have developed a brief Pediatric Health Assessment to help us identify health needs for your child. It is a paper form for members under the age of 18 that is included in the welcome folder. Your answers will help you and your family get the quality care you need. We store your information securely to protect your privacy. Your input will not affect your health insurance eligibility or benefits. A Tufts Health Plan Care Manager may reach out to offer you support.
We also cover services that treat behavioral health issues that may affect your child, including mental health and/or substance use disorder problems.
Other Tufts Health RITogether EXTRAS:
- Get the recommended childhood immunizations and screenings by age 2 and we’ll send you a $25 supermarket gift card
- Get a yearly checkup (ages 3–9) and we’ll send you:
- A $25 supermarket gift card OR
- A $25 gift card to Toys R Us or Bed, Bath and Beyond to use toward a booster car seat
- Get a yearly checkup (ages 10–17) and we’ll send your choice of a $10 iTunes or Toys R Us gift card
- Members 18 and older can receive a fitness band that tracks steps, calories, sleep and more after getting their annual checkup
- Restrictions apply. See your Tufts Health RITogether Member Handbook or call member services for more information