- Tufts Health Direct
- Benefits + Costs
- My Information + Tools
- Behavioral Health (mental health and/or substance use)
- Children's health
- Disease Management
- Smoking Cessation
- Women's health
- 24/7 NurseLine
- Integrated care management
- Medication safety
- Urgent Care Situations
- Utilization Management
- Additional Resources
- In the Community
- Frequently Asked Questions
Family stabilization team (FST) services
In-home help for families
Our family stabilization team (FST) helps families with a child or teen dealing with mental illness or substance abuse. Our team also helps when a child or teen returns to the family after treatment at a behavioral health or substance abuse facility.
You are not alone
If you find your family in crisis due to a child’s mental illness or substance abuse, an FST can help you right in your home.
Our FST helps:
- Children and teens avoid hospitalization
- Children and teens avoid repeated hospitalizations
- Children and teens move quickly from the hospital to a less restrictive setting
- Families identify issues (such as substance abuse) and get treatment
We will provide an FST for as long as it takes to stabilize your child's condition. We will make sure your family gets any necessary support services you need. For more information about our FST services, call us at 888-257-1985 (TTY: 888-391-5535), Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. We're happy to help.
How to get FST services
Any of your child's health care providers, including their primary care provider, mental health provider, or your child’s school, can make a referral for an FST by calling our behavioral health (behavioral health and/or substance abuse) team at 888-257-1985 (TTY: 888-391-5535), Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.