- CareLink Plans
- About Your Plan
- Choosing a PCP
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Health Programs
- Member Discounts
- Managing Costs
- Pharmacy Benefit
About Your Carelink PlanAt Tufts Health Plan, we strive to make a positive difference in the lives of our members. That's why we say "No one does more to keep you healthy." Together with CIGNA, a national leader in health care quality, we offer the CareLinkSM health plan option. As a CareLink member, you have:
- access to a broad national provider network including more than 493,000 physicians and 4,800 hospitals - from world-renowned teaching hospitals to hospitals right in your own community. All are selected for the quality and breadth of the services they deliver.
- the comfort of knowing that no matter where you are - at home or traveling anywhere in the world - you have 24-hour emergency coverage.
- the freedom to see the provider of your choice each time you seek care.
- online tools to help you manage your plan and get the most from it.
- member enrollment kit
Sometimes when you are receiving care, your doctor may order diagnostic imaging. There are two main types: low-tech imaging and high-tech imaging.
Low-Tech Imaging—includes services such as x-rays, bone density tests, mammography, and ultrasounds. Low-tech imaging is sometimes performed in your doctor’s office or during an emergency room visit. It is covered as part of your visit and does not require a separate copayment. If your plan has a deductible, low-tech imaging services will apply toward the deductible.
High-Tech Imaging—includes CT/CTA, MRI/MRA, PET Scans, and Nuclear Cardiology. These procedures require prior authorization. This means your doctor needs to submit a request for approval before they will be covered. Many members are on a plan that has a high-tech imaging copayment. If this applies to you, this means you are responsible to pay a copayment for the procedure that is separate from your office visit or hospital copayment. Important Note: Members are exempt from paying the high-tech imaging copayment when the imaging is required as part of an active treatment plan for a cancer diagnosis. If you aren’t sure whether your plan has a high-tech imaging copayment, please check your Benefit Document or contact a Member Services Representative.