- Health Information + Tools
- Behavioral Health + Substance Use Disorder
- Digital Tools
- Immediate Care
- Preventive Care
- Understanding + Choosing Quality Health Care
- Unlock a Healthier You
- Well Member Update
Telehealth from Tufts Health Plan
Powered by Teladoc
Available to Commercial (employer groups who offer health insurance to) plan members as part of your benefits1
What Is Telehealth?
Telehealth - powered by Teladoc® - is a convenient, affordable new way to access quality care for general medical, behavioral health, and dermatology services by web, phone2, or mobile app. Connect with a board-certified doctor, therapist, or dermatologist from the comfort of home, during your lunch break, or while traveling throughout the country.
You can even get a prescription sent to your local pharmacy, when medically necessary.
Teladoc has performed more than one million telehealth visits with 95-percent patient satisfaction.3
What Does Telehealth Treat?
- You can speak to a Teladoc doctor 24/7/365 in less than 10 minutes4 to treat non-emergency medical conditions, including cold and flu symptoms, allergies, sinus infections, sore throats, and more.
- Teladoc doctors have an average of 20 years’ practice experience. So it’s no wonder 92 percent of issues are resolved after the first visit.3
- Schedule a video appointment with a licensed therapist (including psychiatrists, psychologists, and social workers) seven days a week for support with anxiety, depression, family issues, and more.
- Connect with a licensed dermatologist through the web or mobile app for complex or ongoing skin conditions such as infections, psoriasis, eczema, and acne.
- Teladoc dermatologists will respond with a treatment plan within two business days, which is much faster than the average 52-day wait time to see a dermatologist.5
How Much Does Teladoc Cost and Save?
Telehealth visits are the same cost as a PCP visit for most members but could vary based on your plan or employer's negotiated copay.6
A Teladoc visit offers considerable savings when compared to the total average charge for a doctor’s office visit or an emergency room visit.
Frequently Asked Questions
It only takes a few minutes to set up your secure Teladoc account at teladoc.com/tuftshealthplan.
Download the Teladoc App
1Self-insured Commercial groups need to opt-in to the program. Telehealth is not available for members with Tufts Health Direct, Tufts Health RITogether, Tufts Health Together, Tufts Health Unify, or Medicare plans.
2Phone access is only available for general medical and behavioral health services
3This information is provided by Teladoc and has not been independently confirmed by Tufts Health Plan.
4For general medical visits
5Average new patient dermatology wait time in Boston according to Merritt Hawkins’ 2017 Survey of Physician Appointment Wait Times
6The cost of a telehealth visit is subject to the deductible on Saver plans.