- Health Information + Tools
- Behavioral Health + Substance Use Disorder
- Children and Adults with Special Needs
- Digital Tools
- Immediate Care
- Preventive Care
- Protection Against Domestic Violence
- Save a Loved One's Life
- Understanding + Choosing Quality Health Care
- Unlock a Healthier You
- Well! Magazine
Frequently Asked Questions
Behavioral health benefits include both mental health and substance use disorder treatment.
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about our behavioral health benefits below.
Either you or your behavioral health provider need to notify Tufts Health Plan within 30 days of your first appointment. It is, however, your behavioral health provider’s responsibility to verify that notification has occurred. To notify Tufts Health Plan of your first visit, call our Behavioral Health Department at 800-208-9565 and choose one of the following two options:
Follow the prompts to access our Behavioral Health Interactive Voice Response system (IVR).
You will need to provide:
- Your Tufts Health Plan ID number, including the suffix
- Your date of birth
- Your Behavioral Health provider’s 10-digit National Provider Identifier (NPI). A provider’s NPI can be found on the Tufts Health Plan website under “Find a Doctor”, or can be obtained through your provider
- The start date of your 1st appointment
You will receive a confirmation number that begins with the letter “V” that you should bring to your 1st appointment.
- Follow the prompts to speak directly with a service coordinator who will assist you.