Takes 10 minutes
Makes 3 to 4 servings
- 2 large cucumbers (about 1-1/2 pounds total)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion (white, red, or green)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk*
- 1/4 cup sour cream*
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch black pepper
*If you don't have buttermilk or sour cream, feel free to substitute with plain yogurt.
Prep: Peel, seed, and roughly chop the cucumbers. Chop the onion and dill.
Blend: Put all of the ingredients into a blender and pulse until completely smooth. Adjust seasonings to taste. Add more salt and pepper if needed. (At this point you can make ahead and chill.)
Serve: Pour into bowls and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and a feather of dill.
Recipe courtesy of simplyrecipes.com