Big savory shrimp with a sweet and spicy kick! It’s a perfect reason to fire up the grill for the end of summer. Any variety of fresh, large shrimp will do.
Takes 40 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
- 1 red Thai chili, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 pounds large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup baby arugula
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. In a medium bowl, stir the 3 tablespoons of olive oil with the vinegar, shallot, garlic, chili, ginger and cilantro. Fold in the mango and season with salt.
- Drizzle the shrimp with oil, toss to coat and season with salt and pepper. Grill the shrimp over high heat, turning once, until lightly charred and just cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer the shrimp to plates and top with the mango salsa. Mound the arugula leaves alongside and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and serve right away.
Source: Food & Wine. April 2008. By: Luke Mangan
Find more healthy ideas in the library
Check out our Library for other articles, videos, and tools that can help you stay healthy and feel your best!