← Well Fall 2020
Our Commitment To Making a Difference During the Coronavirus Pandemic
Tufts Health Plan realized that unprecedented measures needed to be taken immediately
In response to the pandemic, we quickly mobilized to do everything we could to help our members, providers, clients, and the diverse communities we serve. We would like to share just some of the actions we taken.
To support the community…
- The Tufts Health Plan Foundation committed $2 million to support recovery and rebuilding efforts addressing the effects of the pandemic in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire and Connecticut.
- We teamed up with Lawyers for Civil Rights on an innovative grant program in support of struggling minority and women-owned businesses. The program has helped 40 local small businesses purchase personal protective equipment (PPE), remote technology and other health and wellness-related items to help in their reopening.
- To aid nonprofits in the region, we’ve provided a range of much-needed supplies, including hand-sanitizer, diapers, PPE, and gift cards to local grocery stores.
- We’ve also provided a two for-one match for donations our own employees have made to nonprofit organizations affected by the coronavirus, effectively tripling these donations.
- To support our employees in their own lives, we’ve established a relief fund that helps them cover living expenses and certain medical costs when they are adversely impacted by the virus.