- Discounts + Programs
- Fitness + Exercise
- Health + Wellness Programs
- Nutrition + Weight Management
- Vision Care Network and Eyewear Discounts
- CVS Caremark® ExtraCare® Health Card
- Additional Membership Perks
Women have unique health needs, and are often the primary healthcare decision makers for their families, according to the National Partnership for Women & Families. Tufts Health Plan is committed to helping women stay healthy and active by offering several extensive programs.
Breast Cancer Screening and Awareness
Breast Cancer is the second leading cause of cancer deaths in women today, and studies by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) show that the key to surviving breast cancer is early detection and treatment. Our member outreach program offers information on the prevention and detection of breast cancer, risk factors, preventive health guidelines, and more.
Cervical Cancer Screening and Awareness
Cervical cancer usually develops slowly over time. Thanks to widespread screening with the Pap test (Pap smear), the number of deaths due to cervical cancer has been decreasing since 1950. However, the chance of death from cervical cancer increases with age. Getting regular check ups and preventive screenings (Pap tests) are the most important things you can do for yourself.
Maternity Care Program
Whether you're expecting now or planning to start a family, you want to know your health plan is there to help take care of things. We know that easy access to benefits and coverage is important to growing families.
- Program Overview
- Healthy Birthday Program - helps our pregnant members who may be at high-risk for premature delivery or other conditions.
- Tobacco cessation resources to help pregnant women quit smoking.
- After Delivery Care
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Care Management Program to help these clinically complex patients and their families during a very difficult time in their lives.