- Discounts + Programs
- Fitness + Exercise
- Health + Wellness Programs
- Nutrition + Weight Management
- Vision Care Network and Eyewear Discounts
- CVS Caremark® ExtraCare® Health Card
- Additional Membership Perks
Fitness and Exercise Perks
As an incentive to our members to get fit and stay healthy, Tufts Health Plan offers a number of opportunities to save on fitness center initiation and membership fees at a wide range of fitness centers both in and out of our network.
Many plans include a mail-in fitness rebate. Check with your employer or contact Tufts Health Plan to confirm you are eligible for this rebate.
Qualified members receive a rebate on fitness center membership and certain group exercise classes. Check your benefits for what is included in the rebate and the amount allowed on your plan. It’s simple! Once you’ve been a member of Tufts Health Plan for at least four months, you’re eligible for the rebate.
Your fitness costs must meet the following criteria for the rebate:
- The fitness center must offer cardio and strength- training machines and other programs for improved physical fitness. The rebate does not include martial arts centers, gymnastics centers, country clubs, aerobics-only or pool-only centers, sports teams and leagues, social clubs and tennis clubs, personal trainers, sports coaches, or the purchase of personal or at-home exercise machines.
- Some of our group plans will also rebate the cost of certain group exercise classes.* Classes held in a residential setting or dance classes are not included. You must check your benefits to see if group exercise classes are included on your plan.
*Group exercise classes include, but are not limited to: yoga, pilates, aerobics, Zumba, and kickboxing.
Based on your plan, Tufts Health Plan will pay up to the allowed amount of your costs paid for the year. The fitness rebate benefit varies depending on the plan you are on. Make sure to check your benefits to determine what fitness rebates you are eligible for. You can check request your rebate online or mail in the form available here along with your documentation.
Now you can save on more things than ever to keep you active and feeling your best. It’s all available through the International Fitness Club Network (IFCN) beginning on January 1, 2018.
Get discounts at over 14,000 health and fitness facilities across the U.S. You can even try before you join with a FREE one-week trial membership at any facility you like.* Get discounts at facilities like Boston Sports Clubs, Anytime Fitness, Curves, CorePower Yoga.
Rather Workout at Home?
Save 10-40% on a wide array of fitness products, including exercise equipment, trackers, DVDs, and appliances through popular vendors.
Rather Race to Get Your Workout?
Save up to 15% off registrations to popular national and local races.
Other discounts include:
- Up to 25% off online workout subscriptions
- Up to 90% off magazine subscriptions to Shape, Rachel Ray Everyday, and Eating Well
Start saving today!
To learn more or to find a participating fitness center, go to preventure.com/ifcn-tufts. If you are prompted for a password, use “Fit4You”.
*Vendor discounts subject to change. Specialty clubs and studios, such as martial arts, yoga, spin and personal training centers may offer different “trial” offers. Please inquire with the owner or membership department at these centers to verify offer.
Please note: You must register on ChooseHealthy.com to take advantage of all their benefits.
Shop ChooseHealthy.com and receive up to a 50% discount on a variety of fitness products including workout gear, wearable fitness trackers, exercise equipment, and more.The ChooseHealthy Health Library can help you better understand the many choices you have in health care today. In this library you will find:
- ways to get active and stay active
- videos and motivational guides
- tips and tools on how to manage a health condition
- learn to stress less and manage pain, and more!
You may also save on acupuncture and massage with Choosehealthy.com.
You and your plan dependents receive a 10% discount off the purchase price of personal training packages and a free initial fitness evaluation at participating Fitness Together facilities.
Already belong to a Fitness Together participating facility? Terrific! You are eligible to receive a 10% discount off the purchase of personal training packages of 36 sessions or more!
How it Works:
- Prior to beginning your training at Fitness Together, you'll receive a comprehensive fitness evaluation and work with their trainer to establish specific goals. The evaluation measures your weight, body fat, circumferences, blood pressure, upper and lower-body strength levels, cardio endurance levels, and flexibility.
- The trainer then designs a customized workout program to help you achieve those goals.
- Workouts include warm-ups, stretches, and a variety of strengthening exercises that can range from weight lifting to yoga, Pilates, kickboxing, and more.
- One-on-one sessions take place in private studios that allow for maximum attention and support from your personal trainer.
- Trainers will assess your progress on an ongoing basis, and can also provide nutritional counseling and body composition testing.
- Find a participating Fitness Together location near you.
Tufts Health Plan is proud to serve as the 2018 Official Presenting Sponsor of the Rhode Races Half Marathon Series. This series of races will take you on a scenic running tour of some of the most iconic Rhode Island cities and towns throughout the year – Newport, Providence, Bristol, Jamestown, and Narragansett.
As a Tufts Health Plan member, you are eligible for a 25% discount off race-entry fees for the Marathon, Half Marathon, and 5K. When registering, you will be prompted to answer whether you are a Tufts Health Plan member; select “Yes” and enter your Tufts Health Plan member ID number. Check “Yes” when asked if you would like to take advantage of your Tufts Health Plan discount, the system will then populate a registration discount code for you. Save this code and be sure to enter it in the “Coupon Code” section at the time of checkout. The discount is not applicable towards any of the Kids Race registrations. Please visit runri.us for race dates and to register.
Tufts Health Plan has been named the presenting sponsor and official health plan sponsor of the 2018 Spartan Fenway Park Stadium Sprint, taking place November 10-11. The event is part of the 2018 Spartan Stadium Series, which turns the hallowed grounds of America’s most beloved ballparks and stadiums into obstacle racing arenas.
This race will provide participants with unprecedented access to the beloved home of the Boston Red Sox; blending existing attributes of the ballpark (inside and out) with the Spartan’s signature obstacles. Competitors can expect to race down narrow concourses, climb walls and rope on the warning tracks, attempt hand release pushups in the locker rooms, carry sandbags in the stands, throw spears, and more.
Through our sponsorship, we are offering a 20% discount off of race-entry fees to any individuals who are Tufts Health Plan members. They just need to use the coupon code “THP20” when they register at www.spartan.com. *Please note that coupon codes are limited and available on a first come first serve use basis.
Strength comes in numbers. The event is a great opportunity to challenge your friends and even form a team! Whether a fellow team member is helping you over the wall or chasing you up the bleachers, make sure they’re with you at the starting line. Your can sign up multiple team members at once to receive a discount. The more Spartans that sign up at once, the bigger the discount! And the best way to ensure that you are starting at the exact same start time as your friends is to create a Team during registration (or have your friends join your team!).
All Spartan Stadium events feature heats for all ages and abilities, from beginner to elite – and Spartan Kids Race offers courses at varying distances for kids ages 4 to 13 years old.