- Tufts Health Unify
- Your Health
- FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- How to Enroll
There are no premiums* or co-payments (PDF) for eligible members of Tufts Health Unify. Below are key services for this plan.
- Wellness visits - No co-payment
- Office visits - No co-payment
- Specialist care - No co-payment
Outpatient medical care (hospital or clinic treatment that does not require an overnight stay)
- Community health center visits - No co-payment
- Office visits - No co-payment
- Hospital/ambulatory surgery centers - No co-payment
- X-rays/laboratory services - No co-payment
Inpatient medical care (hospital or clinic treatment that requires at least one overnight stay)
- Room and board (includes deliveries/surgery/X-rays/labs) - No co-payment
Inpatient mental health and/or substance use (hospital or clinic treatment that requires at least one overnight stay)
- Inpatient mental health and/or substance use services - No co-payment
Outpatient mental health and/or substance use (hospital or clinic treatment that does not require an overnight stay)
- Outpatient mental health and/or substance use services - No co-payment
- Peer support/counseling/navigation - No co-payment
- Day habilitation services - No co-payment
- Adult foster care and group adult foster care - No co-payment
- Home care/homemaker services - No co-payment
- Skilled nursing care and home health care services - No co-payment
- Cardiac rehabilitation - No co-payment
- Short-term outpatient rehabilitation (physical, occupational and speech therapy) - No co-payment
Extended inpatient care (100 total days per benefit year)
- Inpatient care in a skilled nursing facility
- Inpatient care in a rehabilitation or chronic-disease hospital
You may have to make a monthly payment to the long-term-care facility. This is called your patient-paid amount. (Your spouse living at home does not have to pay toward the cost of your care.) Your patient-paid amount is determined using the following income deductions:
- Personal needs allowance
- Spousal maintenance needs allowance
- Family maintenance needs allowance
- Home maintenance allowance
- Medical expense allowance
- Ambulance - No co-payment
- Dental checkups and preventive care (coverage for one cleaning per year and one X-ray every two years) - No co-payment
- Durable medical equipment(DME)/supplies/prosthetics/oxygen and respiratory therapy equipment - No co-payment
- Hospice care - No co-payment
- Home modifications - No co-payment
- Vision care (eye examinations every 12 months and glasses every 24 months) - No co-payment
- Wellness (preventive visits/contraceptives/family planning/nutrition) - No co-payment
- Hearing services (monaural, one ear, more than $500 or binaural, two ears, more than $1,000) - No co-payment
* If you pay a premium to MassHealth for CommonHealth, you must continue to pay the premium to MassHealth to keep your coverage.
This is not a complete list. The benefit information is a brief summary, not a complete description of benefits. For more information, contact the plan or read the Member Handbook (PDF).
Limitations and restrictions may apply. For more information, call Tufts Health Unify member services or read the Tufts Health Unify Member Handbook.
Benefits, List of Covered Drugs (PDF), and pharmacy and provider networks may change from time to time throughout the year and on January 1 of each year.
If you need a Member Handbook or the List of Covered Drugs in an alternative format, please call us at 855.393.3154 (TTY: 711), Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. We will do our best to accommodate your request.