Connecting Your Employees to Convenience
Access Doctors by Web, Phone, or Mobile App—24/7/365
Tufts Health Plan introduces telehealth (powered by Teladoc®)—a convenient, affordable new way to access quality care for general medical, behavioral health, and dermatology1 services. Now your employees can speak with a U.S. board-certified doctor or therapist by web, phone2, or mobile app.
Your employees can connect from the comfort of home, during their lunch break or while traveling throughout the country, potentially avoiding driving to a provider’s office and sitting in a waiting room. Instead, health care comes to them in a more relaxed setting. They can even get a prescription sent to their local pharmacy, when medically necessary.
Savings through Redirected Care3
An industry leader, Teladoc provides telehealth services to more than 20 million individuals. The company has saved more than $1.2 billion by redirecting care from more expensive treatment settings, such as emergency rooms and urgent care centers, in non-emergency situations. Telehealth helps drive down medical costs while providing quality health care your employees will love.
Treatment for Medical Care or Behavioral Health Issues
- Your employees can speak to a Teladoc doctor 24/7/365 in less than 10 minutes4 to treat non-emergency, general medical conditions, including cold and flu symptoms, allergies, sinus infections, rashes, sore throats, and more.
- They can schedule a video appointment seven days a week for support with anxiety, depression, and other behavioral health issues.
- Teladoc visits are the same costs as a PCP visit.5
Dermatology (coming in early 2019)
- Connect with a licensed dermatologist through the web or mobile app for complex or ongoing skin conditions such as infections, psoriasis, eczema, and acne.
- Teladoc dermatologists will respond with a treatment plan within two business days, which is much faster than the average 52-day wait time to see a dermatologist.6
Employees can learn more and register at teladoc.com/tuftshealthplan. And we can help you promote Telehealth to them—contact your Client Service or Sales Executive today!
1Access to dermatologists through Teladoc will be available in early 2019.
2Phone access is only available for general medical and behavioral health services.
3This information is provided by Teladoc and has not been independently confirmed by Tufts Health Plan.
4For general medical visits
5The cost of a telehealth visit is subject to the deductible on Saver plans.
6Average new patient dermatology wait time in Boston according to Merritt Hawkins’ 2017 Survey of Physician Appointment Wait Times