UnitedHealthcare Selected as National Network Partner
For all commercial employer groups and their employees beginning on January 1, 20231
We are pleased to announce that we have selected UnitedHealthcare as our national network partner offering access to more than 1.2M providers and more than 6,700 hospitals for our (commercial) employer groups and their members. This partnership will also provide access to 20% more providers (including both medical and behavioral health) than what Cigna’s national network offers today. This decision expands our strategic partnership with UnitedHealthcare, including our commitment to ensuring that affordable and high-quality care is easily accessible to each employer group and our members.
Please note, we are sharing this update on future changes with you, however, there is no change to your current plan designs for 2022.
If your Tufts Health Plan medical benefits include nationwide access through Cigna, please note the following:
- There is no change to your employee’s current nationwide access and they should continue to seek care just as they do today, as indicated on their current member ID card.
- All claims from national or local providers will continue to be processed based on the copays and/or deductibles as prescribed by the member’s plan design and benefits coverage today.
- This national network change will occur with your group’s migration timeline and be aligned to future renewal dates after January 1, 2023.
- Members should always continue to seek urgent or emergency care from any provider nationwide.
- Additional communications will be shared with you in preparation for your migration and account renewal.
The UnitedHealthcare network further complements our robust New England-focused network (MA, NH, RI, CT, ME, VT) of nearly 100K providers and every hospital to ensure that each commercial member has access to superior care and facilities both locally and nationwide.
Please contact your account manager with any additional questions you or your employees may have regarding this update.