Atrius Health medical teams work together to develop a relationship with you, coordinate your care and keep you healthy. To do this, your primary care provider (PCP) and your care team:
- Handle your regular checkups
- Provide care when you are sick
- Help coordinate your specialty medical care
- Look after your overall health
If you’re due for your regular check-up, please schedule your appointment as soon as you can, even if you feel healthy. Checkups are covered in full.
Are you new to Atrius Health?
Follow these steps:
- Call 800-249-1767 to register as a new patient. You also can make your first appointment with your PCP.
- Ask your former provider to transfer your medical records. Go to atriushealth.org/patient-information and click on “Requesting Your Medical Records” for details.
- Sign up for MyHealth Online at myhealth.atriushealth.org.
Your primary care provider (PCP)
Your PCP is the provider you contact first. Your PCP is on your side, helping you when you are sick and supporting you to stay healthy. Call your PCP when you need care during normal business hours.
To find a PCP in our network, use our search tool at TuftsHealthTogether.com/AtriusHealth. In addition to your PCP, you have access to obstetric and gynecologic care, and more than 50 other specialties at Atrius Health. If you need to see a specialist, your PCP will give you a referral and tell you who to call.
Feel ill or have a health concern? We can help, anytime.
We offer many convenient ways to address your health needs and help you avoid unnecessary trips to the hospital.
Call your PCP’s office to schedule a same-day appointment with your doctor or a member of your primary care team.
Care after hours
Call your PCP’s office if you need care after hours. Follow the prompts to speak with our after-hours medical staff who can give you medical advice and information by phone — even at 2 a.m.!
Weekends and most holidays
Call your PCP’s office and follow the prompts to schedule an urgent care appointment. We offer urgent care at several locations.
For non-urgent questions, you can also contact your PCP and members of your Atrius Health care team through the MyHealth Online patient portal.
Talk to a nurse any time
Call our 24/7 NurseLine any time at 888-MY-RN-LINE (888-697-6546) if you:
- Need help deciding whether or not you should go to the emergency room
- Want to know more about your health issue and/or treatment options
- Want to know more about drugs or treatments
This service does not take the place of your PCP or other providers.
Call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room right away if you need emergency care for:
- Chest pain
- Uncontrolled bleeding
- A mental health or substance use crisis
This is not a full list of when you should seek emergency care.
Get care in your own language.
Our Provider Directory shows if a provider speaks languages other than English. Check the Provider Directory at TuftsHealthTogether.com/AtriusHealth.
If you need an interpreter for a medical, behavioral health or dental visit, we can help. Please call member services at 888-257-1985 (TTY: 711), Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Call at least 72 hours before your visit. If you need an American Sign Language interpreter, please call at least two weeks prior to your visit.
Your Atrius health portal
If you’d like to get in touch with your provider’s office online, sign up for the MyHealth Online patient portal. You can use MyHealth Online to:
- Schedule primary care and some specialty appointments
- View past and upcoming appointments
- View test results
- Ask for prescription renewals
To sign up: