2020 Brings Benefit Changes and Updates
Our benefits are evolving to meet members’ needs
Among the annual benefit changes and updates for 2020, we’ve added a new benefit for acupuncture visits. In addition, members can now access US-based, board-certified providers for general medical needs and diagnoses from anywhere in the world – at no cost.1 These are just two of the multiple changes and updates you should know about.
We now contract with acupuncturists to provide unlimited coverage. The cost-share is the PCP or Specialist cost-share. This benefit is in addition to the existing acupuncture discount.
- Standard for all fully-insured groups
- No limit on visits or dollar amount
- No member prior authorizations or referrals required when visiting a Tufts Health Plan provider
We encourage employers to share this new acupuncture benefit flyer with their employees.
Related reading: please see “Acupuncture for Chronic Pain Could be Great News for Your Employees.”
Telehealth – powered by Teladoc®
Tufts Health Plan launched its telehealth solution in 2018. It is available to members in fully-insured commercial accounts, and members who are part of a self-funded employer group that has purchased this optional benefit.1 Telehealth enables members to get care anytime, anywhere in the world at no cost for non-emergency general medical conditions, including cold and flu symptoms, allergies, sinus infections and sore throats. Behavioral health and dermatology specialists are also available to members throughout the United States – at no cost, however they are not yet available globally.
Find more information about Telehealth on our website.
Other benefit changes and updates
- Enteral Formula Coverage - Now covered in full on all plans, except Saver.2
- Low Cost Generic Medication Program - Standard on all plans except Premier Bronze 3500.
- Tooth Removal - Expanded coverage for surgical removal of impacted or unerupted teeth when embedded in the bone, and performed in an office setting. No prior authorization required; standard on all plans.